This is a print of an original painting based on a photo Gillian took of a child in Matapuquio school. It combines Gillian’s love for capturing portraits in an almost life-like style with her more recent experiments with abstract style and typical earthy palette. To create this piece, Gillian firstly developed different colours and textures in the background using a variety of mark-making tools including sponges, palette knives, brushes and card with acrylic. She then used brushes to carefully encourage the face and hands to emerge from the background, before finally bringing using brushwork and palette knives along with other tools such as string and stencils to create layers and pull the image together.
- FREE DELIVERY WITHIN THE UK
- Printed on high-quality museum heritage fine art paper
- Hand-signed by Gillian Hancey on the back
- Frame not included
- Mounted prints are beautifully presented with a backing board and cello bag making them ideal as gifts (mounts are 12" x 16" in size and available for 9" x 12" prints only)
- Prints up to 18x12” are generally posted flat in a hard-backed enveloped; anything larger than this will be sent in a postage tube.
The colours in these prints have been carefully matched to the original paintings. However, it is important to note that every screen has a different capability to display colours and everyone sees these colours differently, therefore it cannot be guaranteed that the colours you see on the screen accurately portray the true colours in the artwork.